Saturday, February 17, 2007

My Friend, Sylvan.


Sylvan was the last in a series of cats who have owned me during my lifetime. When he died, a decade or so ago, at the grand old age of nineteen, I didn't have the heart to look for another cat who'd have me. It simply became too hard to keep saying, "Goodbye, old friend!" Of course, it's entirely possible that I might have preceded the new cat into the great unknown, but let's not dwell on that.

Sylvan, as you can see in this photo, is dead serious with respect to his duties as watchcat.

This story first appeared in the Montgomery Journal, Rockville, Md., and later on the Trumbull and Core radio show, WMAL-TV, Washington, D.C.

Note to readers: I realize most of you will be unable to read the small print. If you click on the picture, it's likely you'll be rewarded with print that is readable to the naked eye. If this doesn't work for you, let me know (leave a comment or email me). Otherwise, enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just found Sylvan picture. Again, a lot of memories came back. I lost two cat to old age last year. One was a HUGE white cat named Amadeus and the other was named Tootie (she was Tom's moms cat). One was 16 the other 19. We now have two more cats, they are male and female and love each other we just serve them. It is great watching them play or clean each other. Love my cats.